Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

They removed the traction off Jennifer's leg today. This will help make her a little more comfortable. For those who don't know what traction is, it's essentially pins put in each side of her leg then lifted to a bar above the bed, keeping the leg elevated & immobile.

Kacyn should be released to go home Monday!

Mom came home yesterday for Thanksgiving. She decided to have Thanksgiving as we normally do because she knows Jennifer would want us to celebrate Thanksgiving. It won't be the same without Jennifer, but we know she'll be there in our hearts. Even though it's been a rough end to 2008, we really have a lot to be thankful for. Mom will be going back to St. Louis on Friday. David is staying with Jennifer at the hospital, spending his Thanksgiving close to his beloved wife. Josiah will be spending Thanksgiving with David's mom & dad at David's aunt's house in Sullivan.

I think I'll take Sherry Palmer's suggestion & take a break from posting to the blog over the Thanksgiving holiday. I won't be posting anything unless something changes drastically. Otherwise, I will just be posting a catch-up message on Monday. I wanted to let everyone know this so no one will get worried if something's not posted for a couple of days.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! I want to thank you again for helping us get through this difficult time & also being a part of Jennifer's miracle. We are thankful for all of you! Please continue to pray for us, especially Jennifer.

Love,
Lynn

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you all to have a Happy Thanksgiving!! Hugs & Love from the Stokes Girls in Kentucky!

paulina said...

happy thanksgiving to ypu guys i will be praying for jen and her family

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy jen's doing better!happy thanksgiving

love y'all.

Lauren Fox said...

I love u lots! Feel better soon! I miss u!




Love,
Lauren

Lynn Cox said...

Hey, Aunt Jennifer!!!
This is Kennedy. I miss you and I hope you get well VERY quickly. We will all miss you on Thanksgiving. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya lotz,
Kennedy Cox

Becky Booth said...

I have been praying, praying, praying and it is so good to hear that Jen is showing improvements. We do have a lot to be thankful for this year. God is GREAT and He deserves all the THANKS!! Hope you and the family have a good one Lynn. The Booths send our love and continued prayers to all the family. Go Jennifer Go!!!!!!! Becky

Amber said...

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Foxy.... love you lots and I'm still praying for a complete healing. Lynn... again thank you so much for creating this blog.

Amber

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I woke up with Jen on my mind. God is working.
Love you all and praying for Jen and all her family.
Thanks so much for your post, They have been great.

Unknown said...

I think of you all so often, and my love and prayers are with you.

God is good and He is faithful, I pray that He will hold you all in the palm of His hand and comfort and strengthen you as Jennifer heals.

warm and loving hugs from Vermont

College Mom said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING JENNIFER AND FAMILY.

LOVE,
TERRI JOHNSON/COLLEGE MOM

wteare said...

Our prayers are with you! I really miss your family and look forward to reuniting with you when Jennifer makes it to the Rehab Hospital! Thanks for all the prayers you've sent up on our behalf!

God Bless - Wendy Teare
(Doug's wife, Rm 490, bed 7)

cposey said...

Happy Thanksgiving and, Lynn I hope you've had a great holiday weekend even though I know you are all physically, emotionally and probably spiritually exhausted.
Just so you know a friend and I went to see Jennifer Wednesday. We didn't want her to be without at least a few visitors this Thanksgiving! I really believe that she knows when there are people visiting her or talking to her so hopefully it lifted her spirits some. :) Thanks again for all the updates and I hope you are getting some rest!

College Mom said...

I like that scripture in Philippians 4:8,9. It talks about what you should think on and how to think. If you do that is says you will have peace. It says:

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:9 ....and the God of peace shall be with you. Selah

I thought you might like that scripture.

God bless,
Terri Johnson/ College Mom

Donna said...

Jehovah Rophe is Healer. He is Omni-Present. He is listening & watching always. Blessing in the Name of Jesus!! You are all in our thoughts & prayers. Shalom!! Donna Powers; Springdale AR[