Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day #19

As indicated in the previous post, Jennifer's test for C difficile infection came back negative. This means Josiah can be taken back to see her again. Some of the nurses don't really like him going back there. It's against the rules, but we feel it's important for Jen to hear his precious little voice (yes, she can hear!). Josiah will normally say "Shhh! Mommy's sleeping!" and "I love you, mommy" and blow her kisses. He will also jabber in Josiah language something that no one else understands! We know Jen is smiling inside when she hears this!

I also mentioned previously that Jennifer & her family were on prayer lists around the country. Well, they are not only on prayer lists around the country, but also around the world!! Comments were posted to this blog from Germany & Canada, then there have been posts to her Facebook page from Argentina, Brazil, & I'm not sure where else!

The ultrasound results on Kacyn's little brain show there is no change in the cerebral spinal fluid buildup. If there's no change then that means it's not building up, so I guess that's good! Mom said when she went to Kacyn today in the NICU, he was sleeping until she started talking to him. He then opened his eyes & turned his head toward her! She even thinks he smiled at her. She told me "He's just beautiful!"

They did dialysis again today. They got 6 liters of excess fluid this time! Her creatinine levels in her blood have also gone down. Creatinine is essentially waste product created by muscle metabolism. It flows through the bloodstream to the kidneys. The kidneys then filter this out & dispose of it in urine. Normal level for creatinine in an adult female is 1.1. Jen's level on Monday was 7.8; yesterday it was 6.6; this morning it was 5.8. So it's coming down with the dialysis.

We know it's everyone's prayers that are helping Jennifer & Kacyn heal & be strong, as well as helping the rest of the family to cope & stay strong. Thank you!

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Thank you Lynn for posted the updates. Pastor Jen and her family are in prayers.

Alicia said...

My family and I came to know Pastor Jen through the Harbor of Hope Church in St. Clairsville, Ohio. She has been such a positive influence to my daughter, Becky, and has helped her to understand Jesus. I didn't realize how much until we told her of the accident. We pray hourly for her healing as well as for the family. May God continue to work miracles upon them and may He help ease the suffering the families may be carrying.

Anonymous said...

We have been praying for Jennifer for the last few weeks here. I met your mom at a Woman's Retreat in TN two years ago.

Just wanted you to know that myself and my two girlies have been praying. Love to you all, Robin, Emma and Bek.

Sherry Palmer said...

Just a little correction to Robin's post. She met Kathy, David's mom, in TN.

Amber said...

Hi Lynn.... I too just wanted to thank you for keeping everyone updated. I met Jen or "Foxy" as I knew her at ATU in Russellville, AR. Through facebook and myspace we have been able to keep in contact over the years. I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who has had 6 brain surgeries and Foxy sent me messages how she was praying for her and us. Now it is our turn to step in for her and your whole family. My husband and I are now youth pastors in Canada and we have many people here praying for you guys.... so you can add another country to your list. Take care and thanks again!!!!

Kimmie said...

Lynn,
I created a prayer group on facebook to get the word out more! I included a link to your blog. Thank you again for keeping us so well informed. -Kim and Anousack Vongphachanh

Jill Startare said...

Hi, I work with Chrissie at Walgreens and I just wanted to say that Jen and her family are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! No C-diff!!!Great updates. You are all in my prayers.