Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day #23

The drs told us last night they were going to give Jen the day off today from dialysis. This morning we arrived at the hospital to find them prepping for dialysis! The drs had changed their minds due to the progress that Jen made over the last couple of days. All of the things they monitor for progress (creatinine, potassium, ph, blood gas, red/white blood cells, lung xrays, lots of things I can't remember!) showed improvement today. This is the 1st day that all of these things showed considerable improvement. Her kidneys still aren't working, but the drs told us the kidneys will be the last thing to heal. Once her other organs (lungs) were healed then her kidneys would begin healing. Dialysis essentially functions as a fake kidney so the work its doing by getting rid of the toxins & excess fluids is helping her lungs to heal. Her oxygen level this morning was also the lowest it's ever been, 35%. All of the news today was good. This is the first time in a long time for all good news! Seems like it's always good news about one thing, but bad news about something else.

The congregations at Jennifer's churches in OH & MO signed bedsheets. Jennifer is covered with these. My cousin, Missy, & I spent quite a bit of time reading some of the writings & scriptures written on the sheets to Jen. I know Jen will read every one of them when she's able to! A 3rd grade class in OH made cards for Jennifer. We also read those to her. They were so cute! I know Jennifer will enjoy reading those too.

The dialysis takes 3-4 hours so I only got to see Jen for a short time this morning before the dialysis began. I did; however, get to hold & feed Kacyn before I began my 5 hour journey home. What a way to end my time in St. Louis this weekend! He's so precious!

David is still doing well & getting around better & better everyday.

It's never easy to leave Jennifer & I always cry when I have to leave, but it was a little easier today with how well things were going today.

It's evident the prayers are resulting in miracles. Jennifer & Kacyn continue to improve, but still have a long way to go so we can't stop praying now!

Love,
Lynn

3 comments:

paulina said...

Praise God for answering prayers thank you for keeping us posted

Kiersten Nicole said...

Hi Jen!!
I know you can't read this right now but I wanted you to know that i've been praying for you. I can't wait to see you guys and the new baby! =] Whenever you wake up, please don't hesitate to call me.
I'll continue praying for you both.
I love you and can't wait to talk to you...<3 Healing in Jesus Name!!

Love you Always,
Kiersten

Kiersten Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.