Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day #26 - Prayers Needed!

Today has been a rough day. Not much good news to report on.

Jennifer had her MRI last night. It showed possible brain damage. They don't know the extent of it yet. They said the same about Kacyn & he's doing better than they expected. We are hoping & praying for the same for Jennifer.

They cut Jennifer's sedation medication in half. She's pretty much awake now. She's fighting the ventilator, trying to spit or cough it out. She's been pretty upset/scared - not sure what to call it exactly. Her heart rate & blood pressure have been high. Mom has been talking to her, holding her hand, & reading the bible to her to try to calm her. Jennifer will squeeze her hand & tears will roll down her cheeks.

They also cut Jennifer's pain medication back. The dr told mom they aren't getting the reaction they wanted or expected. He said Jennifer could possibly stay the way she is right now forever. I'm not sure what kind of reaction he's looking for. I don't understand. Jennifer IS reacting! When mom asks Jennifer a question, Jennifer will squeeze her hand. Mom was rubbing Jennifer's feet & she asked Jen if she could feel it & she nodded her head.

Please continue to pray for Jennifer. The prayers may be needed now more than ever. God is bigger than the drs. Drs have been wrong before. That is because God can heal or fix anything. We know & believe that he's going to do miracles with Jennifer & prove the drs wrong again. There is NOTHING wrong with Jennifer!

Mom is a wreck. She's spent every night for the last 3+ weeks in either a chair beside Jen's bed or in the waiting room. There have been maybe 4-5 nights total when we've convinced her to go to the hotel. Today's news devastated her. Please keep her in your prayers also as well as the rest of the family.

Little Kacyn continues to improve. He now weighs 6 lbs 4 oz! Mom said this is how much I weighed when I was born. We won't talk about how much I weigh now! :)

Please, please do not forget Jennifer & the entire family in your prayers. As I said earlier, they may be needed now more than ever!

Love,
Lynn

17 comments:

Tony V. Hammack said...

Hi, I wanted you to know that Angie's mom has kept us updated on the situation and we are praying for you guys here in Batesville Arkansas. By His stripes we were healed.

Sherry Palmer said...

We were talking in our ladies Bible Study at Word of Life today that we are so thankful for you to be able to post the very informative updates. It helps us all to know exactly what to pray and agree with you on. All of these ladies know Jennifer and some are being faithful to check this blog daily. They said they wanted you to know how much they appreciate you and are praying for you so you can keep up the good work. Thanks for being a loving sister. Your mom is also in our prayers just as much as Kathy and David.

Kara said...

I am praying for Jen every day. I am so thankful for these blogs to keep me updated on what to pray for. Whenever I hear a negative doctors report such as this one it always reminds me of the song that says, "Whose report will you believe?.... I will believe the report of the Lord." I believe that Jen and Kacyn are healed by the stripes of Jesus.

Lisa Johnston said...

Jennifer, Kaycn, David and the entire family are in our thoughts and prayers.

jonna said...

i'll be praying! lots of love.

Kiersten Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kiersten Nicole said...

Thank you sooo much for keeping us in Ohio updated.. I loved Jenn and David from the day I met them! I will be praying every day from them and the rest of the family.
When Jenn wakes up, please let her know that Kiersten loves her and is Praying for her tons!!
Thank You!!
Always in my Heart..<3

Anonymous said...

My daughters and I are praying daily for dear Jennifer and baby Kacyn!!

Hugs & love, Robin, Emma & Beka in Hopkinsille, KY

Judy said...

Len and I have been on the east coast in ministry and have asked churches wherever we were to agree for Jennifer's healing. Please keep us posted with the blogs. It really helps to know what is going on without having to disturb the families.


With our love..... Lem & Judy Meyera

Anonymous said...

We are praying every day for Jennifer!

Mark, Sylvia, Sarah, Sam and Lydia
Clarksville, TN

Unknown said...

We're praying for Jennifer in Louisiana!!
You're going to make it through this Jennifer!

Kimberly Jane said...

Jennifer is strong and so are we as a family. I pray everyday and night for the healing to continue. Lots of love to the family. Please tell Aunt Jeannie and Uncle Steve I love them and everyone else tell them the same. You need to talk or just want to say hi ask John and he will give you my number.

Kisses to all
Kimberly Jane

Patty H. said...

All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
God is still working miracles.
Patty Hall in NC

cwiggins3 said...

It is time for victory. We must belive what we are praying! The power of Jesus is in our hands. I dont care what the Dr.s say, I know what the truth of God is. I will be in fervant prayer over this and will be awaiting the breakthrough! THE DEVIL IS DEFEATED!!! WE WILL NOT QUIT, we must not be afraid, kick all the negative thoughts out right away in Jesus name. Satan will rugh the day he ever messed with the children of The Most High God!! I believe!!

melody said...

THanks so much for the updates!! It helps us to pray for Jen and the whole family better when we're updated. I add my faith with everyone out there that she is gonna recover, and COMPLETELY recover!!

Unknown said...

We are praying in Vermont..warm loving hugs..Mona

Unknown said...

you don't know me...and I don't know any of you...but I will pray and think healing thoughts for all of your family. This is such a tragedy and I hope you see brighter days ahead. My thoughts are with you!