Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day #37

Some days it's extemely difficult for me to log on to this blog & post something. Sometimes seeing the pictures, escpecially the one of Jennifer lying in her bed looking at Kacyn in his bed, really get me down. It breaks my heart to think of the time Jennifer is missing with her precious new baby. But I know there are many people depending on these posts. And it at least makes me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile to help Jennifer. I think about Jennifer one day being able to read this, learn about her journey, & see all the love, generosity, prayers, etc. that have been poured out to her through this from all around the country & world. I want her to see the lives she has touched. I am doing this for her.

There has been no real change in Jennifer's condition. She is still very critical & is not very alert or showing much response. They think she may have some kind of infection because she's been running a fever & her blood count is high (I think it's high that indicates infection, but maybe it's low that means infection. I don't know. I get confused.) They are administering antibiotics again.

David had the IT dept at the hospital set up the webcam again. When Jennifer wakes up completely, he wants her to be able to see Kacyn. He doesn't want her to even begin to worry that Kacyn may not be ok. He wants her to be able to see he is. The webcam was on when she went to sleep & he wants it on when she comes out of this.

Please pray for the miracles God is working in Jennifer & Kacyn to continue. Jennifer still needs head to toe healing as well as strength, comfort, peace, & encouragement. David's leg is healing well. Please pray for this healing to continue. Both families, including David, need prayers for strength, comfort, encouragement, peace, & help coping. We all have days when we are very down. I know I've had days where I don't even want to get out of bed. I cry all day & start to think "I can't do this anymore". I'm not the only one. Other family members have said the same. We are all physically, mentally, emotionally exhausted. Please continue to pray for all of us.

Love,
Lynn

9 comments:

jjenkins said...

Lynn,

Thanks for all you have been doing! I am sure it is tough to write everyday. We all appreciate your effort. It has been great to get updates daily! I want you to know we will continue to pray for Jen, Kacyn, David and all of you. I know that you all must be exhausted! I'll pray for you all to have renewed strength daily. Thanks again!

Love,
Jeff Jenkins

Lois said...

Lynn and Family,
There is no way that we can all know how you feel. I do know that it is hard to keep believing for a miracle when you don't see something happening right in front of your eyes. But that miracle is happening inside of Jennifer. She is healed...by Jesus' stripes she is healed! What to us seems like a long time, to God is a blink of the eye. At our church, our pastor has been teaching a series called "In a moment". Everything can change in our life in a moment. We know this is true because of what has happened to Jennifer. It happened in a moment. But, In a moment, she will also wake up and be the loving wife and mother she was before the accident. The scripture our pastor is using for the series is Ephesians 3:20 The Message Bible:
"God can do anything, you know - far more than you could ever imagine or guess or requet in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us."
God CAN do anything, you know! He is not pushing Jennifer to wake up, he is doing a work inside of her, gently bringing her back to us. Hang on! Don't give up!
You don't know Jeff and I, but we know Jennifer. We knew her when she was an IMT. We were the adopted parents of the IMT's. We meet David at the IMT reunion. But, just because we don't know you, doesn't mean that we don't love all of you! You are in our prayers and we are here for you. If you need someone to talk to, please feel free to call me at 918-693-8466. Take a few minutes for yourself and climb into the lap of Jesus and let him give you comfort and rest.
Love and Prayers to the Whole Family,
Jeff and Lois

sandra said...

Dear Lynn
hang in there,baby. I pray each day for each one of you. that our Lord will comfort and give you all strength.We love you all.
aunt sandra

Unknown said...

Hi Lynn
I used to live across the street from your mom and dad on 7th St.Please tell Your mom we said hello and that we are praying for all of you.
Love
Larry,Gina and Danielle

paulina said...

hey i am really glad you make posts i check your post every day to see hoe jen is doing thank you so much for posting them for us. god bless you, our prayers are still with your family and jen

Charity said...

Lynn,

I understand how it is rough to keep up this blog, but I am SO very thankful for it! I went to IMT with Jennifer, and I live in Washington State now, so I know nothing but the updates that you give. So thank you SO much for keeping me posted via this blog! It truely is a blessing, and know that you guys have people praying for Jennifer & the family nation wide!! Give my love to David & family!
GodSpeed!

Charity

Brian and Kimberly Russell said...

I am a friend of Jeff and Lois Cordes in Tulsa Oklahoma. I am praying and believing with you guys. Keep up your strength and faith. Jeremia 30:17 "I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds." Your story has touched so many and we are all praying and believing with you.

Kimmie said...

Lynn,
God will bless you for your time and sacrifices. I know this must be so hard to live and relive daily, then try to put into words for everyone else to read. Don't give up hope. Remember, she IS healing from the inside out. Not in our timing, but in God's. We love you and your family.
Kim and Anousack

Sherry C. said...

Lynn,
As hard as this is for you, it is so very important! What a precious sister you are to reach out like this and share, so that so many of us can be part in praying for this miracle. I feel so honored to be included in this prayer chain. I have sent this email to all my family and everyone I know to be praying. God hears us! He hears you, David and all the family! And without words, He hears Jennifer. I'm so thankful He doesn't look at our outsides, only our hearts. We have to keep that hope and faith strong! Not in circumstance but in Him alone! Please give Kathy my love. Jim and I love all of you, such a wonderful family. Love and Prayers! Sherry and JIm C.