Saturday, November 8, 2008

Day #22

My apologies for not posting anything yesterday. I was traveling back to St. Louis & was too tired when I got back to the hotel.

Jennifer had dialysis again yesterday. They have now gotten approximately 34.5 liters of excess fluid out of Jennifer's body! She's beginning to look like my baby sister again! I was amazed at the difference in her appearance since I saw her last Sun. Yesterday morning her creatinine level was down to 3.8. It's 3.3 this morning. They are going to dialysis again today & again on Monday.

Kacyn has gained a whole pound! He now weighs 5 lbs 14 oz! He now weighs only 4 oz less than my daughter did when she was born & she was full term! It's hard to believe she was ever that tiny - she's almost 13 now! Kacyn's little cheeks are starting to fill out. I was also amazed at how much he's changed in a few days!

Kacyn had to take 2 tests this week - kind of like he was in school! The first was the swallowing test on Thu which he passed. Then he had a hearing test yesterday. He passed it too! We weren't surprised by this because we knew he could hear. Anytime we talk to him, he opens his eyes & turns his head toward us. Mom is right he IS beautiful! As soon as I have new pictures of him, I will post them! He's changed so much!

Our cousin, Missy, arrived yesterday evening from KY. We were happy to see her. She's an RN & has been helping us understand things all along & has helped even more since she arrived here. She got to hold little Kacyn last night. She couldn't believe how perfect & good he looks. The NICU nurse took a picture of Missy holding Kacyn & gave it to her.

Not much else to report on. Everyone continues to slowly improve. I'm just waiting for the day Jennifer can tell us to leave her alone! Hopefully, that day will be here soon!

Miracles are being worked every day & they are all due to the prayers from around the country & the world. Thank you & please keep them flowing!

Love,
Lynn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting again. I keep going back to the blog to check on the progress. I have passed the blog onto other people that I know and I am so happy that both Jennifer and Kacyn are improving each day.

I look forward to your post each day and it is like being on the phone with my sister, Kathy. This saves her phone calls to me and yet I can still keep in touch.

Joyce Jagger
Kathy Dierkings Big Sister!