Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dialysis

I found out after yesterday evening's blog post they had begun the dialysis treatment on Jen. It ran for about 4 hours & they got 7 pounds of fluid out of her body! If they get 7 pounds of fluid every day this week, they will have gotten a total of 40+ pounds of fluid by the end of the week! That sounds like a lot & is a lot, but if you've seen how swollen Jen is from all the excess fluid, it's not too hard to believe there's that much fluid in her little body. The drs have said they don't know how many dialysis treatments she'll need before her kidneys heal & begin working again.

But the treatments have begun & we are getting closer & closer to having our Jen back!

3 comments:

AWeaver said...

Jen
I love you and I'll see you all real soon. Praise the Lord for your strength and the strength you passed on to kaycen.
I can't wait to see y'all.
Love
Amanda or as foxy calls me twitch

Kendall and Candice said...

Jen,

Kendall and I pray for your recovery.

Lynn,

Thanks for the update. It really helps.

Beverly said...

I'm Beverly Robert West wife in Tx just wanted to let Jen and family know we are praying for everyone daily.If we can help in any way just let us know. Love West family