Monday, December 1, 2008

Day #44

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Jennifer continues to progress slowly. She will react on command sometimes, but not always. She has turned her head toward a voice several times now. Mom has been getting her to blink her eyes. She was moved out of ICU into the step down unit today. The exact quote from David on this was "Praise God we are out of the ICU and now in a step down unit. This is more progress. Even small water drops eventually will fll a bucket." I replied "And we will be thankful for each of those little drops!"

Jennifer does have an infection called "VRE infection". I'm not quite sure what it is, but they are treating her for this & all visitors to her room now have to wear a gown & gloves while in her room.

When I was in St. Louis this past weekend, Kacyn weighed 7 lbs 14 oz! He really has chubby cheeks & a double chin now! He has outgrown the preemie clothes that once swallowed him! I took new pictures of him & will post them soon. I asked David if I could keep Kacyn & he said "no". That's the same answer he & Jennifer used to give me when I wanted to steal Josiah too! I knew the answer would be the same, but thought I'd try! Jennifer's always called me a "baby hog" because I love babies & will just sit & hold them for hours, letting no one else hold them!

Even though we had a good Thanksgiving, we felt the emptiness of not having Jennifer there with us. We have a lot to be thankful for and we WILL have her back!

Prayers are needed for the continued healing of Jennifer's brain, broken bones, kidneys (they're close to 100% function, but not quite there), basically head to toe...as well as for the healing of the infection. Please pray for her to show more reaction on command. The dr's are looking for this & she doesn't seem to show any when they are there! Prayers are needed for Kacyn to continue to heal. He needs to show improvement in his bottle feeding still. He can't be released from the hospital until he can take all of his feedings with a bottle. Right now, he takes all but 1-2. He gets too tired on 1-2 & has to finish the feeding through the feeding tube.

Love,
Lynn

No comments: