Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day #33

The orthopedic surgeon has decided not to do surgery on Jennifer's hip/pelvic bone at this time. They are going to do x-rays to determine if they can remove the fixator. They said the hip/pelvic surgery can be put off a little longer.

This is just a little story I want to share with everyone...
Mom was in the small waiting room outside Jennifer's ICU this morning. This is a small room with a door. The door was closed & mom was the only one in the room. She said she was on the phone with dad, crying, & talking to him about Jennifer. She said after she was done with the call, she left the room, & was walking down the wall when a man walked up to her, pointed his finger at her, & said "Your daughter will get better. Do not give up hope." Mom was surprised by this because she had never seen this man before & she was alone in the room with the door closed. There was no way anyone could have overheard her. She wonders if this man could have been an angel. Maybe it was!

Mom asked me to write a little about Stephanie. She was one of Jennifer's favorite nurses. Stephanie was on duty a few nights ago as Jennifer's nurse. She spent extra time with Jennifer, doing things to make Jennifer feel better. She washed, exfoliated, & moisturized her face. After she bathed her, she put a pretty smelling lotion all over her. She even shaved Jennifer's legs! She told mom she'd given Jennifer almost an entire spa session! This is one of the nurses who always comes to check on Jennifer & find mom to give her a hug. She found mom the day after Jennifer's cardiac arrest, hugged her, & just cried with her. She's cried & talked to mom about everything many times now.

I truly believe God is healing Jennifer as we speak even if it may not show on the outside. He's healing her on the inside. We will have our Jennifer back!

I forgot to mention that yesterday was Kacyn's birthday! He was 1 month old yesterday! Happy Birthday, Kacyn! Aunt Lynn loves you!

Please continue to pray for head to toe healing for Jennifer as well as strength. Also please continue to pray Kacyn. Prayers for strength & comfort are needed for David & the rest of the family to get through this very difficult time.

I can't even begin to put into words how much the outpouring of love & support has meant to the entire family. Thank you so very much!

Love,
Lynn

5 comments:

Paul Scheible said...

Thanks so much for keeping us all updated. I have had an idea floating in my head for a few days. Espcailly at this time of Thanksgiving I would love to have as many people as possible to write and send a tribute about Foxy/Jennifer. These I know would be a blessing to your mom and family. I wanted to run the idea past you first though. You can email me at paulmsnew@yahoo.com

Paul Scheible

Kimmie said...

We WILL not give up hope!
God bless,
Kim and Anousack Vongphachanh

Kimberly Jane said...

Angels are all around us. I truly beleive Aunt Jeannie had the luck of running into one. But it seems Stephanie may also be an angel. She seems to care quite a bit. I will continue to pray for everyone to heal and for everyone to be strong and hold together.

Hugs and kisses
love Kimberly

Sherry Palmer said...

I have heard 2 people lately say that they had a dream that Jen sat up in the bed and looked around. Maybe right now Jen is having a long visit with Jesus and learning lots of things. There is no time frame with God, so even though it's been 33 days, with God it is no time at all.

Jen said...

Hi. I'm a good friend of Stephanie. She told me about Jennifer and also told me about this blog. I just wanted to tell the family how sorry I am that you all have to go through something like this. I will say a prayer that God will continue to watch over your family and help to heal Jennifer and Kacyn. God bless you all!!!
Jen