Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day #34

Today is mom's birthday. Spending your birthday in the hospital isn't the ideal way to do it, but I hope she has as happy a birthday as possible. The kids called her & sang "Happy Birthday" to her so I'm sure that made it better.

I was mistaken on my post from yesterday. It is not the fixator holding Jennifer's hip/pelvic bone in place that they may be removing, it is her traction on that leg, making it immobile that may be removed.

One of Jennifer's many drs told mom yesterday that he thinks Jennifer's brain is healing. She opened her eyes all the way yesterday & looked over at mom. She hadn't been opening them all the way & they had always been very red. They weren't red anymore. The dr said this was a good sign. The dr also told mom that it could be weeks before all the toxins are out of her system. Because of this they were planning to do dialysis again today even though her kidneys appear to be working now. The dialysis would just be to help her kidneys get rid of some of the toxins still in her system. But I haven't heard if they actually did do dialysis today or not.

They removed the feeding tube in Jennifer's nose today & replaced it with one in her stomach. To do this, they had to sedate her again. Afterwards, they had difficulty getting her breathing, heart rate, & blood pressure back under control, but they finally did so. I hope that's the last time they have to sedate her for awhile! It's difficult to get the stuff out of her system if they keep having to give her more!

Sherry, a lady at Jennifer & David's church in Sullivan, commented last night that a couple of people have told her they had dreams of Jennifer sitting up in bed & looking around. I, too, have such dreams virtually every night. Sometimes mine are about her talking to us. Sherry also says, "Maybe right now Jen is having a long visit with Jesus and learning lots of things. There is no time frame with God, so even though it's been 33 days, with God it is no time at all." We all know how much Jennifer likes to talk so if she is visiting with Jesus, it might be awhile before she's done visiting!

I have a very dear friend named Joey who got very ill in May. The drs were clueless as to what was wrong with her. She was transferred to St Louis from Rogers, AR. They weren't giving Joey very good odds of making it. She spent approximately 6 weeks in the hospital (most of that in ICU). It was several weeks before they even determined what was wrong. She truly believes prayer is why she's still with us today. She has a very moving story. I would love for her & Jennifer to meet someday & talk about their ordeals & how God & prayer saved their lives. Joey likes to talk too so this could be an all day event!! :) Luv ya, Joey!!

Please keep praying for Jennifer!!! And for David & the rest of the family also!

Love,
Lynn

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

I know you all are emotionally, mentally, and physically exhausted! But I am very encouraged by this post! I believe God is healing her as well. We have not stopped praying and will not. God bless,
Kim and Anousack Vongphachanh

cposey said...

I just wanted to post that my father in law called me this morning to ask how Jenn was doing and to tell me that he was praying for her and he saw her brain and internal organs in the spirit and he saw them being healed. So he felt certain of her healing. BTW, he doesn't know Jennifer and I'm not even sure if he's ever seen her. I know lots of people are feeling things and seeing things in the Spirit about Jennifer and that there are people who are having dreams that she is healed and I believe that these dreams/visions are definitely from God and serve a purpose. Jennifer will receive her healing in God's way and in God's timing! Thanks again Lynne for these updates and God bless you. Tell your mom happy birthday for me. I'm hopefully going to get to go see Jennifer tomorrow and I will tell her happy birthday myself if I get to get up there, but in the mean time tell her I'm thinking of her and praying for her also!