Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day #47

Good news today! Jennifer smiled 2 BIG smiles today! David was showing the nurses in Jennifer's room the picture of Josiah in a kilt from a friend's wedding this past summer & telling them the story about his mother making the kilt. The kilt was to be held closed with velcro. When David's mom would try the kilt on Josiah, he'd grab ahold of it, yank it open, & pull the kilt off! They were afraid Josiah might do this in the wedding, so they ended up holding it closed with a safety pin. While David was showing the picture & telling the nurses this story, the nurses started laughing & a big smile came over Jennifer's face! The other smile came when mom was talking about my daughter, Kennedy. Jennifer loves her nieces & nephews dearly. And they love their Aunt Fer - that's what they call her.

Jennifer also cried today. Mom told Jennifer how I said Jennifer has always had a beautiful smile. She said Jennifer starting crying when she told her that. Even though it's heartbreaking to see her cry, I think it has to be a good sign that she is now showing some emotion.

Kacyn is anemic. They are giving him vitamins with iron. David said may get to go home tomorrow depending on his blood test in the morning.

That's really all I have for today. Please keep praying!

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

This is sooooo amazingly awesome! I am so encouraged and I know ya'll are too! Praise THE LORD! We will continue to pray!
God bless,
Kim and Anousack Vongphachanh

Unknown said...

I found your blog through the Rupps. My sister is a friend of theirs. I just wanted to let you know that I have been praying for Jennifer and Kaycn.