Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day #53

Yesterday, they "capped" Jennifer's trach. This was a test to see if they can remove it. It didn't work. Jennifer panicked & started to go into distress. They had to uncap it. They will try again later this week. The respiratory therapist told mom it's not unusual to have to try this more than once. The patient feels like they can't breathe because the trach is still in their throat. Hopefully, they will be able to remove the trach soon. Once they do this, Jennifer should be able to talk! I can't wait to hear her voice again!

I really don't have anything else to report on.

Prayers are still desperately needed for Jennifer. Please continue to pray for her.

Love,
Lynn

2 comments:

Heather said...

It's been a few days since I have been on the blog. This is all so wonderful! I am so happy that God is working such miracles in Jennifer's life. I am trying to make a trip to St. Louis to see Jennifer because I know she would come see me if the tables where turned. Thank God for all he does for us!!! All of the prayers are going to be answered soon. I know it I can feel it!!!!

Heather

Sherry Palmer said...

My husband took Christmas pictures of Josiah and Kacyn yesterday. They turned out so darling. We will have to get some emailed to you Lynn. I need your email address. Email your address to tspalmer@fidmail.com so I can send you a few for the blog. Josiah looked so proud of his little brother.