Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day #46

I haven't talked to either mom or David today so I'm assuming that things are essentially the same as yesterday. Because of this I don't really have anything to post concerning Jennifer's, Kacyn's, or David's condition. So I want to tell a story David told me when I was in St. Louis this past weekend. It may not be exact, but this is how I remember it.

For those who don't know, Jennifer & David had just moved back to Sullivan, MO, from OH 2 weeks before the accident. In OH, Jennifer was the youth minister at a church. Just before Jennifer & David left OH, a teen girl in their youth group at church came to them concerning a friend of hers. Her friend had been in a motorcycle accident & wasn't doing well. Jennifer & David had never met this friend of hers or her family, but they felt a need to reach out to them. They went to the hospital & met this girl's mother & prayed with & for her & her daughter. They also had gathered all their quarters & dollar bills & gave them to her for vending machine money at the hospital. Unfortunately, this lady's daughter passed away. David had no idea how much they had touched this lady's life until last week. David received a very touching card from her, telling them how much she appreciated them being there for her, what a wonderful person Jennifer is, how she's praying for her, etc. She also sent rolls of quarters totally about $21 if I remember correctly for the vending machines. I wanted to share this story as this is just one example of how Jennifer & David live their lives & how they help others. I am very proud of my baby sister. I'm not sure I've ever told her this before, but I told her several times while I was visiting her this past weekend & will continue to tell her so until I know for a fact that she understands what I'm saying.

I thought this past weekend about when Jennifer was a baby. I was so proud of my baby sister, I took her around the neighborhood in her stroller showing her off to all the neighbors! I'm still the proud big sister!

David called while I was typing the last paragraph. He said he got what he considers a half smile from Jennifer today! Jennifer always makes this spiced cider that her nieces & nephews love. David always gives her a hard time about it because it's kind of expensive to make. He was teasing her today, telling her she can make all of it she wants from now on & he won't ever complain again about how much it costs. He said the sides of her mouth turned up slightly at that.

He also told me that they began the medication to help stimulate Jennifer's brain. He couldn't remember the name of it & if he could he doesn't think he could pronounce it. He said the dr's compared it to Ridalin (sp?). When given to someone with an over-active brain, it slows their brain down, but when given to someone with normal brain functions or slower than normal brain function, it stimulates & increases brain function. Hopefully with this, we'll begin to see progress at a faster rate than we have been. We are praying for this.

Thank you for all the prayers! Please keep them going! They are working & Jennifer's miracle continues!

Love,
Lynn

No comments: