Saturday, December 27, 2008

Day #69

Hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! Ours was good, but also difficult at the same time without Jennifer & her family here to celebrate Christmas with us. It broke my heart to think about her missing out on Kacyn's first Christmas & the first Christmas Josiah would really enjoy opening the presents. He's got opening presents all figured out now! He doesn't need any help!

Even though it was a difficult Christmas for us, I think we did ok overall. Mom only broke down once. My sister-in-law made a collage picture frame with pictures of mom & dad, her & my brother, me & my husband, the grandkids, & one of Jennifer & David. When mom saw the picture of Jennifer & David, she said "There's my baby" & started crying. What helped get me through was thinking about how Jennifer is getting better & this is only one of many, many more Christmas's to come. There will be lots more Christmas's for us to celebrate with Jennifer & many more for her to enjoy with her kids.

Thank you to everyone who helped David this Christmas. Lots of gifts were given to Kacyn & Josiah. David said people kept bringing gifts by & it took almost 3 hours to open all of them! He's gathering old toys to donate to the Salvation Army so there'll be room for the new toys!

I'm taking the kids to St Louis tomorrow to see their Aunt Fer. We have more gifts for Kacyn & Josiah!

Jennifer is doing well in rehab. My daughter, Kennedy, was a little confused about why Aunt Fer was going to rehab. She thought rehab was only for people with drug problems. We had to explain to her there are different kinds of rehab. David's sister, Chrissie, told Jennifer about Kennedy's confusion & she said it got a big smile out of Jennifer!

Well, I don't have a lot to report on. I mainly wanted to say thank you to everyone for helping us all get through this difficult time. Your prayers, support, & love have helped us more than you will ever know. Thank you!

Love,
Lynn

No comments: