Thursday, December 18, 2008

2 Month Anniversary

Today is the 2 month anniversary of the accident. It happened on Oct 18. All of the events of the last 2 months still seem so unreal. On Oct 18, we were thankful that Josiah wasn't injured at all & Jennifer & David had only a few broken bones. At that time, Kacyn was the biggest worry. Little did we know how drastically things would change. We went from being thankful that everyone was ok & Kacyn being our only worry to almost losing my beautiful baby sister. But we are getting closer & closer to having her back with each passing day.

They didn't move Jennifer to the rehab hospital today. This could happen tomorrow. They spent today trying to make sure they have all her medications right. She needs blood pressure & heart medication, but the drs think eventually she may not need these. Right now she does. They also found blood clots in her left leg today. They have put her back on blood thinners. Thank God for the ivc filter they put in her previously. This greatly reduces the chance of a blood clot making its way to her heart/lungs. The purpose of an ivc filter is to filter out any blood clots & prevent them from making their way to the heart.

Jennifer smiled several times today. Mom said Bob, David's dad, was talking about Josiah & Jennifer smiled a big smile & even did what mom said sounded like a giggle! Jennifer loves her little "Jo-Jo"! I know if anything can make her smile, it'll be Jo-Jo!

It's been a long 2 months, but I know the most difficult times are almost over. I want to thank everyone for helping us make it through them. Jennifer is getting better each day. I believe once she gets into the rehab hospital & they are working daily with her for hours, we will begin to see great improvements. We'll have her back soon! I miss her! I know I'm not the only one! Please keep praying for her & her little family

Love,
Lynn

4 comments:

Unknown said...

praising God with you and still in there with you!!!! warm loving hugs from Vermont...Mona

Connie said...

Dear Lynn,
It is awesome news about our precious Jenn!

When Jennifer is back whole again, she will be able to see without doubt how much she is loved! The impact her life has meant to us all. She may have never had known how deep the love was and wide spread!

I never had a sister but if I had and she was like you then I would have been truly blessed. Thank you for keeping the prayer chain going. The key need to unlock God's Amazing Power!

God Bless,

cposey said...

My mom and dad went to see Jennifer and said she's doing SOOO well and that it really really seemed like she knew it was them and she kept yelling when they'd stop talking to her or get out of her eye sight. She would cry every single time they'd talk about David and then when David got there she relaxed even more. My mom and dad haven't seen her in a few weeks and said she's just made such a total difference. I'm sure you know how much better she's doing but I just wanted to reiterate that she's doing SOOO good for everyone else. God is healing her!!! I am going to go visit her SOON but now apparantly she can't have visitors until after 4pm at the rehab center that she's moving to this afternoon.

Sherry Palmer said...

We saw her today and I am totally encouraged. Her personality shines through and as determined as she was before in pursuing what she felt called to do, she is that determined now to get better. I believe that will keep her going and fighting. I know she comprehends and her mind is working fine. It's just that her brain has to learn to tell her body what to do!