Monday, February 16, 2009

First Outing

Jennifer had her first outing (other than her trip home) yesterday.

She woke David up early yesterday morning, wanting to go to church. He said it took them about 2 hours to get ready, but they all went to church. For those of you who know Jennifer well, you know how much her church means to her. I'm sure it was very emotional for her for many reasons. This was not only her first trip back to church since the accident, but it was Kacyn's first time at church ever.

David had his wife & both of his sons at church all together for the 1st time ever!

I know it had to do wonders for Jennifer's spirits to be back in church, worshipping & praising the Lord.

I think she makes her first trip back to St Louis tomorrow for therapy. Please pray for a safe trip for her & David and as always please continue to pray for her complete healing.

4 comments:

cposey said...

Oh my goodness, when that whole family walked in the doors of church I think everyone got goosebumps and tears in their eyes. It was the most amazing thing alot of people witnessed in a very long time. It was so awesome to see her there. She was just singing away with all the songs (She knew every word!) and then at the end she came up for prayer. She cried and almost everyone was crying with her and praying for her. What an amazing miracle we experienced Sunday! Jennifer is being healed and her being there Sunday was truly a miracle!

paulina said...

Praise God! i am so glad she got to go to church and got a touch from the lord

Donna Bales said...

reading Candice's post brought tears to my eyes. I wish I could have seen them come to church!! that is awsome!! i have never met this family but i have kept up with the blog and it is totally awsome what God has done!!

Unknown said...

Coming home and experiencing all those firsts is a wonderful and scary thing. My ordeal last spring was nothing like what Jennifer has gone through, so I can only imagine what all was going through her mind. So happy she is doing well. All of you are in my prayers....as always. :)