Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day #114

David called this morning. He & Jennifer were back at the big St John's hospital. This is the hospital they were air evac'd to after the accident & where Jennifer was until being moved to the rehab hospital. They both had dr appts there this morning. They were sitting in the little waiting area by the front doors waiting on the wheelchair bus to come pick them up & take them back to the rehab hospital. A lady sitting nearby helped David figure out what Jennifer was trying to say to him once. A little while later, David said something to Jennifer about going home on Friday. The lady asked "Are you David & Jennifer?" Surprised, David replied "Yes." She then asked "Do you have a sister named Lynn?" Even more surprised, David replied "She does". The lady was a sister of one of the ICU nurses who had taken care of Jennifer at that hospital! She said she'd heard about Jennifer from her sister & had been following the blog since day 1! She said she reads the blog nearly every day. Once again this proves Jennifer & David's story is touching more lives than we know or even imagine! We'd probably be amazed at how many people are following this story!

Their dr appts went well. The xrays on David's leg showed everything is healed well. He won't need to have any more follow up visits. He also completed his last therapy session last week. YAY! The dr said everything looked ok with Jennifer & she just needs to get her muscle tone & strength back. This is what they are working on in physical therapy! Speaking of therapy...

Normally, Jennifer doesn't like to sit for very long in a chair. She will sit for only a short period of time before she starts complaining about her hip hurting & wanting to go to bed. Part of her therapy is to sit for several hours a day. Well, today she'd been sitting in a chair at the hospital waiting for the wheelchair bus for about 3 hours & hadn't complained once. David asked her why it normally bothers her to sit for only a few minutes & today sitting for 3 hours seemed to be ok. She replied "no therapy" & laughed. She didn't mind sitting there because it was getting her out of having to go to therapy!

Also I want to explain more as to why Jennifer will still have the feeding tube in her stomach when she goes home. This will be used for administering her meds. Since she failed her last swallow test, she can't take pills by mouth. They tried crushing them up & giving them to her in applesauce, but that didn't work. It tasted too bad. The pills are dissolved in water & given to her through the feeding tube. Until she is able to take the pills by mouth, she will continue to get her meds via feeding tube.

Well, I don't really have much else to report on tonight. Please keep the prayers going! They are working & I can't thank you enough for them!

Love,
Lynn

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hi! I'm the sister of the lady David and Jennifer met today at St.Johns. I'm actually a good friend of one of Jennifer's ICU nurses Stephanie. I told her that Michelle met Jennifer and David today and she was so glad to hear that Jennifer was doing so well. She said she never gets to hear how her patients are doing once they leave the ICU so I've been updating her on Jennifer and the baby's progress. So thanks Lynn on behalf of Stephanie for writing an updating this blog. Stephanie told be about Jennifer and also about this blog. I in turn told my sister and we both have been following Jennifer's progress and have prayed for her recovery. Your family and thier faith have been a real inspriation. Jennifer's lucky she has such a loving and supporting family.

I will continue to keep Jennifer and everyone in your family in my prayers!!!

junderhill said...

Lynn....I just want to say thank you for blogging the story of your sister and her family. I don't know you guys, but a friend asked me to pray for Jennifer and I have been following the blog ever since. I have cried with you guys and laughed as you shared the story. I feel like I know you all! Please continue to blog after Jennifer goes home to keep up posted on her continued healing progress. Jennifer and David are going to have an awesome testimony that they will be able to share to reach many for Christ. I will continue to pray for your entire family.

Blessings,
Jackie Underhill
(My husband and I are pastors at Hector First Assembly of God in Hector, Arkansas

Michelle Linneman said...

Lynn,
Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm "the lady in the waiting room", Michelle. I was there for a pre-natal appointment. The waiting area is where I always meet my husband before going up to the doctor's office.

It was so nice to meet your sister and David. They are a real inspiration and the very definition of true love. May God keep giving them strength. God Bless you all!!
~Michelle