Monday, February 9, 2009

Day #113

My husband, kids, & I spent the weekend in St Louis with Jennifer. She continues to do well & is very excited about being released from the hospital on Friday! She will be going home with her feeding tube & in a wheelchair, but hopefully she won't need either of those things for very long!

My daughter, Kennedy, & I stayed at the hospital with Jennifer Saturday night. Kennedy enjoyed helping her Aunt Fer & I know Aunt Fer enjoyed having her there. She fed Jennifer her breakfast Sunday morning.

David went home Saturday night since Kennedy & I were staying with Jennifer. He said Kacyn had a good night Friday night & was hoping he would have one Saturday night also so he could sleep! Well, Kacyn kept him & Grammy up until after 2:00am!

We laughed a lot with Jennifer. It just warms your heart to hear her laugh & to see her smile. Her hands appear to be getting better. The fingers on her right hand were always straight & she couldn't bend them before. Now she can squeeze your hand with her thumb on her right hand & while I was there she started bending all 4 fingers around my hand. She can't quite bend them all the way, but she can bend them halfway or better. She wasn't able to do this a week ago. On her left hand the fingers have always been curled. She hasn't been able to straighten them, but now she can straighten one of them out. She can lift her left arm slightly now. She hasn't ever been able to move her left arm until now. The muscles in her hands have always been super tight & really hard to the touch. They seem to be quite a bit softer now.

She kept getting itches when I was there Sat night & I'd have to scratch for her. First it was her belly, then it was her eye, then it was her other eye, then it was her belly again, then it was her eye again, then it was her left hand, then her other eye again, then her forehead, then her left hand again. I would scratch wherever she told me to, but I told her not to ask me to scratch her butt because that's where I draw the line! She laughed.

David has a funny picture of Jennifer. They were watching a movie the other night & she said "Tape". He said "What?" She repeated "Tape". He asked what she needed with tape. She said "Tape glasses." She has problems with her glasses sliding down on her nose. I guess she was tired of them doing this while she was trying to watch the movie so she wanted him to tape her glasses to her forehead so they couldn't slide down. So he has a picture of her glasses taped to her nose & forehead while they watched a movie!

We stopped by to see Josiah & Kacyn on our way home. Kacyn is getting soooo big! He's a chubby little thing! He even has fat wrinkles on the back of his head! He also has the biggest blue eyes! I just love holding, hugging, & kissing him! Josiah was too busy with his cousins for me to hug or kiss. I had to steal them from him! Grammy shared a cute story about something that happened the other day. She was feeding Kacyn in the living room. She'd left the baby monitor on by Kacyn's crib. All of a sudden all the musical things in & on Kacyn's crib starting playing music! She went in there & Josiah was in Kacyn's crib with Kacyn's pacifier in his mouth, pretending to be asleep, & making a quiet "meemeemee" sound - kind of like how they snore on cartoons! Those boys definitely keep her hopping!

Thank you for all the prayers. Please keep them going! Jennifer still has a long ways to go! Please continue to pray for her, Kacyn, David, & Josiah. And don't forget about both sets of grandparents. They could use the prayers too!

Love,
Lynn

No comments: