Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day #79

Mom contacted her workplace & told them she would not be back at work this week after all. She just can't leave Jennifer. She said Jennifer wakes up in the night calling "momma". Since the rest of the family was just there this past weekend, mom was worried about Jennifer being alone most of the weekend. She just can't bear the thought of Jennifer being alone for long periods of time. Not only because Jennifer can't push the call button if she needs a nurse or needs something, but also because of the depression. I'm sure the depression is a normal part of the healing process, but it really worries my mom. Jennifer's eyesight also isn't good enough for her to watch tv or anything so she'd be just lying in bed completely alone with nothing to do.

While I was there this past weekend, she was covered with the sheet signed by the people at her church in Ohio. I asked her if she wanted me to read what was written on it. She raised her hand to indicate "yes". I began reading some of the things that were written. When I'd read the names, I'd ask her if she knew who that person was & she'd raise her hand "yes". She giggled at me a couple of times because I mispronounced some of the names. I read a lot of the writings to her, but when I got to the one from Pastor Neil & Anne, she started crying. I asked her if she wanted me to stop reading them to her & she raised her hand. I meant for it to be something encouraging or inspiring for her, but instead I think it made her sad.

Please continue praying. She needs strength, encouragement, comfort, ability to continue to fight as well prayers for complete healing. She's come too far to give up now!

Love,
Lynn

1 comment:

Kathy Dierking said...

I just wanted to give a update: We took the boys to see thier mommy on Sunday and they had a wonderful visit. Jennifer laughed when I told her of some of the 2yr old things that Josiah has been doing. Josiah likes to put lotion on so I asked Jennifer if she wanted Josiah to rub lotion on her feet and she raised her hand to indicate yes. He sat between her legs on the bed and rubbed her feet. She tried to play with Josiah by squeezing him with her feet. We laid Kacyn in her arms a couple of times. She put arm around him as best she could and she started crying. I think it made her sad. David was not able to go see her on Monday due to the fact that the tranmission went out on my van but we were able to get a rental car the same day and David was able to spend the day yesterday(Tuesday)with her and is with her again today. We do appreciate all of your prayers and thoughts. Kathy