Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy 29th Birthday, Jennifer!!

Today is a wonderful day! It's Jennifer's 29th birthday! Other than the day she was born in 1980, no other birthday has had more meaning for our family. I have learned to never take birthdays for granted. Each every one of them we are given is a blessing & should be celebrated.

Some friends bought Jennifer a wireless keyboard & mouse for her birthday. David can now hook his laptop up to their tv so Jennifer can play games on it & do other things on the internet. He said she can use the mouse a little with her right hand, but of course can't type yet. He said they played a game of trivial pursuit the other night. Out of about 20 questions, he & Jen got 13 right. Out of that 13, Jen was the one who answered 12 correctly. David also said several times she read the question faster than he could! Her mind is definitely ok. It's just her motor skills that are still lacking, but they are slowly coming around. Of course, it's not fast enough for the rest of us!

They had a little bit of a scare in physical therapy the other day. Jen passed out. She was only out for a few seconds, but because of her condition & history, they called 911. Her blood pressure & everything was ok. They could find nothing wrong. They think she may have just overheated because they were pushing her a little harder than they have before.

I'm going to see Jennifer today! I want to see that big "bubba smile"!

Happy birthday, Jennifer! I am so very proud of you & love you very much!

2 comments:

Vanessa Phoenix said...

I´m Vanessa Jenn´s friend from Brazil and I just found out about what happened with her few months ago , I have great memories about her while she came down to Brazil on Mission Trip.
She is a mighty woman In GOD , an amazing friend, sweet,huge heart always willing to help the others .

I remember before she going back home she gave a body splash form Body Bath works lemon and coconut smell and she told me to keep with me cause she wanted me to remind her and gave a book from her pastor.

Well Im constanly praying for her and asked few people to help in prayers for her I believe God can and will surprise us , He already did but will do a huge miracle.

This is what I have in my heart :)
God Bless yall

Lois said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!