Thursday, April 23, 2009

Update on Kacyn from 9:30pm Last Night

Talked to David again about 9:30pm last night. They were still at the hospital. The hospital was going to keep Kacyn overnight. They did not want him to take the 1 hour drive home last night then back again this morning due to possible jostling. David taking Jennifer home for the night & they are going back to the hospital this morning.

A resident neurologist looked at Kacyn & his CAT scan. He told them Kacyn's cortex (top of the brain) isn't as developed as it should be. This is a result of the trauma from the accident. His body is producing excess spinal fluid to fill the void. Since Kacyn still has a soft spot, he doesn't think there's a lot of pressure on Kacyn's brain. If there was a lot of pressure, he wouldn't have a soft spot anymore. They were still having to wait on the neurologist to see Kacyn today before they know what action, if any, they will be taking to reduce this fluid.

Even though I've learned more medical stuff in the last 6 months than I would've ever cared to, I'm still not a dr or a nurse & everything is still my interpretation/understanding. I'm trying to explain it the best I can!

Please keep Kacyn & this whole little family in your prayers. I will post any updates on Kacyn when I get them.

No comments: