Monday, April 20, 2009

Jennifer's Miracle Continues!

On Sat, it was exactly 6 months (1/2 year) since the accident. At times it still seems so unbelievable that this all has actually happened. It still seems like it was all a bad dream. I wish it were! Who would've ever guessed how much our lives would be turned upside down & how many lives would be impacted, changed, or touched forever. We've come a long way since I first started posting to this blog. Jennifer was on life support, Kacyn was still in NICU, & David was still in the hospital recovering from his surgery. Now Kacyn is 6 months old & a little chunk, David is completely healed, & Jennifer is home & getting better each & every day. Both Jen & Kacyn are doing better than the dr's initially thought they would. God had a different plan for them!

I missed a call from Kathy (Grammy) this morning. She left me a message telling me that a couple of exciting things happened this morning. First, Kacyn woke up with his first tooth (actually 2 of them!) & Jennifer brushed her own teeth this morning! This is a BIG accomplishment for her! Hopefully she'll be able to feed herself soon!

David has begun reading the blog & all the comments to Jennifer. Last time I talked to him about it, they had made it to Day 20.

I can't thank you enough for the love, support, & prayers over the last 6 months. It has truly helped all of us make it through all the ups & downs. It was truly a roller coaster ride for awhile & I was ready for it to stop! I have never liked roller coasters!

Please continue to remember Jen, Kacyn, David, & the entire family in your prayers.

Thank you for being a part of Jennifer's miracle!
Love,
Lynn

1 comment:

Sandy Hentzel said...

That's I with grooming task, lol. It's the Occupational Therapist in me, lol...

I am so glad that you are continuing to blog!!!

Still praying and waiting for a picture with two new teeth :)