Monday, March 16, 2009

Another Milestone

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend! If it was like mine...it was too short!

I talked to David yesterday morning. He said Jennifer had wanted him to call & tell me about her latest milestone. She drank from a cup by herself! Not sure if you've seen them or not but there are cups where the handle is actually the straw. David bought a couple of those to see if Jen could use them. He filled the cup, put Jen's hand through the handle, & she was able to lift the cup up to her mouth & drink from the straw! Jen was very excited about this & wanted to share the news with me. At the time I talked to David, Jen had drank 2 cups of chocolate milk.

Mom was in Sullivan Fri-Sat visiting with Jen, David, & the boys. She said Jen's eyesight still isn't very good. She said she was sitting across from Jen & held up 1 finger, asked Jen how many fingers she was holding up & Jen said "3". Mom then held up 5 fingers & asked how many she was holding up. Jen again said "3". Mom told Jen how many fingers she was holding up & how she thought she was still having trouble seeing...either that or Jen had forgotten how to count. Mom said Jen laughed when Mom said that about forgetting how to count. Mom asked Jen if she could see the picture on the tv screen. Jen replied that she could sometimes see it. Mom bought Jen a tv with a bigger screen while she was there to hopefully make it easier for Jen to watch tv.

My brother & his family went to Sullivan yesterday. It was going to be a quick trip for them. It's a 4 hour drive one way & they were driving there & back all in one day. When I talked to David yesterday morning, Jen was anxious for him to get her in the shower so she could be ready before John, Jenny, & the kids arrived.

I'm looking forward to my trip on the 24th. I'm staying with David, Jen, & the boys for about a week to help out while Kathy goes to OH to take care of a few things at home. David said Jennifer is very excited about me staying with them. So am I! Although I'll miss my husband & kids.

I know there are many people reading this who have never met David or Jennifer so I added a couple of their engagement pictures to the blog. I wanted everyone to know what a beautiful couple they are. (They've been married 4 years.)

Hope everyone has a great week! Please keep the prayers flowing for this little family. And may God bless you all!

No comments: